The registration fee for a team is € 320,- incl. VAT. For this registration fee you will receive:
• Participation of 1 team in the competition of your choice.
• All members of your group, both players and supporters, have free access to the beach parties on Friday and Saturday evenings.
After you have registered a team via the website, you will receive a confirmation that your registration was successful. After we have received your payment, your registration is final and you are assured of a spot at the festival. As long as we have not received the payment, the principle is ‘first come, first served’, only after payment you reserve your place. If you do not appear at the tournament, there will be no refund of the registration fee.
If you want to travel to Ameland, you have to make a travel schedule to Leeuwarden, a northern city of the Netherlands. The best way to get there is by train. To find out the travel schedule, visit the website www.ns.nl, the website of the Dutch Railways. There is a trip planner on the website that you can use. When you are at the station in Leeuwarden, you can travel by bus to the town of Holwerd, there is ferry service to Ameland. When you walk out of the station building you will immediately see the bus stops. If you arrive on Friday you will probably already see many rugby players taking the bus as it is the only way to get to the ferry by public transport. The distance between Leeuwarden and Holwerd is approximately 25 KM, approximately an hour’s travel time.
The ferry crossing to the island takes approximately 45 minutes. If you take the ferry without a car, you do not need to make a reservation and you can buy the tickets at the box office. You can also order a digital ticket via the internet, which saves waiting time at the cash register.
If you want to bring a car or other vehicle to the island, a reservation is necessary. Book on time, because during the festival weekend the ferry service is overcrowded!
Book online via the website www.wpd.nl. You will also find all information about costs on the website.
There are several options for booking accommodation on Ameland:
- Camping with a tent on the campsite costs €65 per person/per weekend and can be booked via our website.
- Stay in a hotel.
- Stay in an apartment.
- Stay in the youth hostel.
- Stay on a camping farm.
It is best to ask the help of the tourist office on Ameland to reserve a hotel or an apartment.
• On the festival site we offer complete care for your players and supporters and that for a friendly price. Breakfast service, lunch, and dinner, everything can be booked via this website. After the games, you can have a nice meal on the beach.
• In addition, there are plenty of restaurants on Ameland where you can eat. Some restaurants have special menus during the weekend. It is advisable to make a reservation in the restaurant of your choice to avoid disappointment; it can get very busy.
There are several options for getting around on the island:
• Popular among our guests is renting a bicycle, then you are free as a bird! Everything is within cycling reach. There are many dedicated bike paths. When you arrive on the island, you can rent a bicycle directly at the ferry dam. You can also rent a bicycle at the campsite or hotel where you are staying. You will also find various bicycle rental companies on the website of www.ameland.nl.
• There is public transportation on the island.
• There is an excellent taxi service on the island all weekend; Cosi taxi is the official partner of the festival. The telephone number is +31 (0)519-543200, or book via cosi-tax.nl.
The general program already gives you a good impression:
9.00 hr School tournament of all Amelander primary and secondary education
12.00 hr Award ceremony
14.00 hr Festival reception, registration of teams, pick up competition schedule
21.00 hr Start beach party
23.00 hr Festival reception closes, all teams must have reported
03.30 hr Closing beach party
9.15 hr Gathering on the beach
9.30 hr Start of all competitions
17.30 hr End of all competitions
14:00 hr Start DJ on terrace
18.30 hr Start beach BBQ
21.00 hr Start official beach party
10:00 hr Start competition
13.00 hr Performance
13.15 hr Women’s A . Final
13.30 hr Final Men A
13.45 hr Women’s Final
14.00 hr Men’s Final
14.30 hr Award ceremony
15.00 hr Official closing of the Ameland Beach Rugby Festival
15.00 hr After party